Batts Farm is first mentioned in the will of Peter Batt in the late eighteenth century.
The farm consisted of arable meadow, pasture land, coppice ground and 70 acres known as Batts Land. There was also a barn, stable yard and a house. Part of the land extended on the west to Green Wrythe Lane
and to the River Wandle on the east.
Peter Batt left the farm to his sisters Mary Batt and Elizabeth Bassett. In 1798, Mary Batt leased it to a Henry Hoare for a term of 21 years. There was a proviso in the lease that "he did not cut all the trees".
Henry Hoare sold the farm in 1828 - it then consisted of various farm buildings and two new brick-built cottages. These cottages were mostly used by agricultural labourers employed by the farm.
By 1841, the Charles Pimm ran Batts Farm, living there with his son William and daughter Anne. The farmhouse was probably rebuilt in the late 1850s. When Charles died in 1869, William took over and farmed there until he died in 1892. By then, the farm mostly grew grain and vegetables. There was some livestock.
In 1901, the tenants were Frederick B Cooke, a poultry farmer, and his family.
In the years immediately before the First World War, the farm had again changed hands - Thomas Bridgman bred poultry along with his brother Charles. George Miller, a Mitcham herb grower, was also living there. Miller specialided in mint and lavender and he had a still at Beddington Corner to extract the oil. At this time, the farmhouse was described as being in a poor state of repair.
Batts Farm land was covered by building after the war.