Acton Street is found on the east side of Gray’s Inn Road and connects it with King’s Cross Road.
Named after Acton Meadow which formerly occupied this site, Acton Meadow was in turn named after its landowner..
The western end was built as a short cul-de-sac in the early 1770s. The eastern end, where the street was later extended, has principal features to Swinton Street
. It may be the work of the same builders.
Even as late as 1834, Acton Street was still unfinished. It was finally completed by 1845.