Print-friendly version of this page
Adpar Street is a street in Paddington.
Aberdeen Place, NW8 Aberdeen Place was built on the site of a farm once owned by John Lyon, who founded Harrow School in 1571. Ashmill Street, NW8 Ashmill Street was formerly owned by the Portman estate and named for Ash Mill in Devon where the family owned land. Harrow Road, W2 Harrow Road is one of the main arterial roads of London, leading northwest out of the capital. Paddington Green, W2 Paddington Green is a surviving fragment of the original rural fabric of the area. Westway, W2 At its opening, Westway was the largest continuous concrete structure in Britain.
Edgware Road station was part of the world's first underground railway when it was opened as part of the Metropolitan Railway between Paddington and Farringdon on 1 October 1863.
The main Edgware Road
station now serves the Circle, District and Hammersmith & City lines.
A second Edgware Road
station was opened on 15 June 1907 by the Baker Street and Waterloo Railway (BS&WR, now the Bakerloo line) when it extended its line from the temporary northern terminus at Marylebone. In common with other early stations of the lines owned by the Underground Electric Railways Company of London, that station was designed by architect Leslie Green with an ox-blood red glazed terracotta façade.