Bexhill Close, Feltham, Middlesex

An area which may have existed since the nineteenth century or before. Most of the urban landscape is interwar

 HOME  ·  ARTICLE  MAP  STREETS  BLOG 
(51.44425 -0.38883, 51.444 -0.388) 

Bexhill Close, TW13

MAP YEAR:1750180018301860190019502021Remove markers
Road · Feltham · TW13 ·
APRIL
23
2017

Bexhill Close is a road in the TW13 postcode area




NEARBY STREETS
Amelia Close, TW4 A street within the TW4 postcode
Amesbury Road, TW13 Amesbury Road is a road in the TW13 postcode area
Barnlea Close, TW13 Barnlea Close is a road in the TW13 postcode area
Braid Close, TW13 This is a street in the TW13 postcode area
Canterbury Road, TW13 Canterbury Road is a road in the TW13 postcode area
Eastbourne Road, TW13 Eastbourne Road is a road in the TW13 postcode area
Grafton Close, TW4 Grafton Close is one of the streets in the Twickenham postal district.
Hanworth Air Park, TW13 A street within the TW13 postcode
Little Park Drive, TW13 Little Park Drive is one of the streets in the Twickenham postal district.
Lords Close, TW13 A street within the TW13 postcode
Marlborough Road, TW13 Marlborough Road is a road in the TW13 postcode area
Meadow Road, TW13 Meadow Road is one of the streets in the Twickenham postal district.
Norman Avenue, TW13 Norman Avenue is one of the streets in the Twickenham postal district.
Oaks Avenue, TW13 Oaks Avenue is a road in the TW13 postcode area
Pevensey Road, TW13 Pevensey Road is a road in the TW13 postcode area
Sunningdale Avenue, TW13 Sunningdale Avenue is one of the streets in the Twickenham postal district.
The Oaks, TW13 The Oaks is one of the streets in the Twickenham postal district.
Towfield Road, TW13 Towfield Road is a road in the TW13 postcode area
Uxbridge Road, TW13 Uxbridge Road is one of the streets in the Twickenham postal district.
Westbury Road, TW13 Westbury Road is a road in the TW13 postcode area
Wigley Road, TW13 Wigley Road is one of the streets in the Twickenham postal district.
Woodlawn Drive, TW13 Woodlawn Drive is one of the streets in the Twickenham postal district.
Wrigley Road, TW13 Wrigley Road is a road in the TW13 postcode area
Wyatt Close, TW13 Wyatt Close is one of the streets in the Twickenham postal district.


Queen’s Park

Queen’s Park lies between Kilburn and Kensal Green, developed from 1875 onwards and named to honour Queen Victoria.

The north of Queen’s Park formed part of the parish of Willesden and the southern section formed an exclave of the parish of Chelsea, both in the Ossulstone hundred of Middlesex. In 1889 the area of the Metropolitan Board of Works that included the southern section of Queen’s Park was transferred from Middlesex to the County of London, and in 1900 the anomaly of being administered from Chelsea was removed when the exclave was united with the parish of Paddington. In 1965 both parts of Queen’s Park became part of Greater London: the northern section - Queen’s Park ’proper’ formed part of Brent and the southern section - the Queen’s Park Estate - joined the City of Westminster.

Queen’s Park, like much of Kilburn, was developed by Solomon Barnett. The two-storey terraced houses east of the park, built between 1895 and 1900, typically have clean, classical lines. Those west of the park, built 1900–05, tend to be more Gothic in style. Barnett’s wife was from the West Country, and many of the roads he developed are named either for places she knew (e.g. Torbay, Tiverton, Honiton) or for popular poets of the time (e.g. Tennyson). The first occupants of the area in late Victorian times were typically lower middle class, such as clerks and teachers. Queen’s Park is both demographically and architecturally diverse. The streets around the park at the heart of Queen’s Park are a conservation area.

There is hardly any social housing in the streets around Queens Park itself, and the area was zoned as not suitable for social housing in the 1970s and 1980s as even then house prices were above average for the borough of Brent, which made them unaffordable for local Housing Associations. The main shopping streets of Salusbury Road and Chamberlayne Road have fewer convenience stores and more high-value shops and restaurants. Local schools – some of which struggled to attract the children of wealthier local families in the past – are now over-subscribed. House prices have risen accordingly.

Queen’s Park station was first opened by the London and North Western Railway on 2 June 1879 on the main line from London to Birmingham.

Services on the Bakerloo line were extended from Kilburn Park to Queen’s Park on 11 February 1915. On 10 May 1915 Bakerloo services began to operate north of Queen’s Park as far as Willesden Junction over the recently built Watford DC Line tracks shared with the LNWR.


LOCAL PHOTOS

Print-friendly version of this page