Print-friendly version of this page
Corlett Street is a road in the NW1 postcode area
Abercorn Place, NW8 Abercorn Place is on the Harrow School Estate and is named after James Hamilton, 1st Duke of Abercorn, a governor of the school. Aberdeen Place, NW8 Aberdeen Place was built on the site of a farm once owned by John Lyon, who founded Harrow School in 1571. Albert Court, SW7 Albert Court, a residential block for the "upper classes", was constructed in 1890. Albion Mews, W2 Albion Mews is a cobbled cul-de-sac that is approached through an entrance under a building on Albion Street. Albion Street, W2 Albion Street was laid out over the Pightle field in the late 1820s. Alpha Road, NW8 Alpha Road, named after the Greek letter, was the first street to be developed in this area in 1799. Ashmill Street, NW8 Ashmill Street was formerly owned by the Portman estate and named for Ash Mill in Devon where the family owned land. Bayswater Road, W2 Bayswater Road is the main road running along the northern edge of Hyde Park. Brompton Road, SW1X Brompton Road lies partly in Westminster and partly in Kensington and Chelsea. Cato Street, W1H Cato Street is one of the streets of London in the W1H postal area. Connaught Square, W2 Connaught Square was the first square of city houses to be built in the Bayswater area. Craven Road, W2 The Earl of Craven owned the land on which the road was later built. Elms Lane, W2 Elms Lane in Bayswater was situated on the west bank of the Westbourne stream. Homer Row, W1H Homer Row is one of the streets of London in the W1H postal area. Homer Street, W1H Homer Street is one of the streets of London in the W1H postal area. Hyde Park Square, W2 Hyde Park Square was part of ’Tyburnia’ - planned in 1827 by Samuel Pepys Cockerell for the Bishop of London’s Estate Hyde Park, W2 Hyde Park, as well as being a park, is an address for some park-located buildings Jay Mews, SW7 Jay Mews is one of the streets of London in the SW7 postal area. Lisson Grove, NW1 The southern end of Lisson Grove was the location of a hamlet and open space, both called Lisson Green. Loudoun Road, NW8 Loudoun Road, dating from the 1850s, was originally known as Bridge Road. Market Place, W1H Market Place is one of the streets of London in the W1H postal area. Meadowbank, NW3 Meadowbank, blocks of flats on a street of the same name, were created as part of the Whitton council estate in 1970/71. Montpelier Square, SW7 Montpelier Square is an upmarket residential garden square located in the Knightsbridge area. Oppidans Mews, NW3 Oppidans Mews was the very road to be laid out in the original development of the area. Paddington Green, W2 Paddington Green is a surviving fragment of the original rural fabric of the area. Park Close, SW1X Park Close is one of the streets of London in the SW1X postal area. Praed Street, W2 Praed Street was named after William Praed, chairman of the company which built the canal basin which lies just to its north. Princes Gate, SW7 Princes Gate is one of the streets of London in the SW7 postal area. Rutland Gate, SW7 Rutland Gate is one of the streets of London in the SW7 postal area. Trevor Place, SW7 Trevor Place is one of the streets of London in the SW7 postal area. Westway, W2 At its opening, Westway was the largest continuous concrete structure in Britain. Wyndham Place, W1H Wyndham Place leads from the northern end of Bryanston Square to the 1821 Church of St Mary’s. York Street, W1H York Street is one of the streets of London in the W1H postal area.
Edgware Road station was part of the world's first underground railway when it was opened as part of the Metropolitan Railway between Paddington and Farringdon on 1 October 1863.
The main Edgware Road
station now serves the Circle, District and Hammersmith & City lines.
A second Edgware Road
station was opened on 15 June 1907 by the Baker Street and Waterloo Railway (BS&WR, now the Bakerloo line) when it extended its line from the temporary northern terminus at Marylebone. In common with other early stations of the lines owned by the Underground Electric Railways Company of London, that station was designed by architect Leslie Green with an ox-blood red glazed terracotta façade.