dates from the 1920s.
Although the Greyhound Inn was established around 1730, the area was rural until the early twentieth century.
In 1875, the western half of Greyhound Lane
became Streatham Vale
From 1922, the Streatham Vale
Estate - built largely by two firms, R.H. Miller and Wates of Norbury - kickstarted suburban development.
Around 1930 schools opened on Streatham Vale
, the Greyhound Inn was rebuilt and the River Graveney was culverted to prevent flooding.