Alexandra Cottages, Albert Road in Penge were built between 1866 and 1868 by the Metropolitan Association for Improving the Dwellings of the Industrial Classes, the first such organisation to build semi-detached houses with gardens, rather than traditional terraces or tenement blocks
Likes on Facebook: 0
Total votes for this image: 100
|GO TO LOCATION PAGE|
View page which features this image
||Unless otherwise given an attribution, images and text on this website are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 2.0 Generic licence.
If given an attribution or citation, any reuse of material must credit the original source under their terms.
|1900 and 1950 mapping is reproduced with the permission of the National Library of Scotland under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution (CC-BY) licence.|