Postal area NW8

Postal area in/near St John’s Wood, existing between 1917 and now

 HOME  ·  ARTICLE  ·  MAPS  ·  STREETS  BLOG 
(51.532 -0.169, 51.532 -0.169) 
MAP YEAR:175018001810182018301860190019502021Show map without markers
ZOOM:14 15 16 17 14 15 16 17 14 15 16 17 14 15 16 17 14 15 16 17 14 15 16 17 14 15 16 17 18 14 15 16 17 14 15 16 17 18
TIP: To create your own sharable map, right click on the map
Postal area · St John’s Wood · NW8 ·
MARCH
7
2021
Postcode NW8 covers St John’s Wood, Primrose Hill (south), Marylebone (north) and Lisson Grove (north).

1164

The streets of NW8:
Abbey Gardens Abbey Gardens is a road in the NW8 postcode area
Abbey House Abbey House is a block adjacent to Abbey Road studios.
Abbey Road Housing Co-operative The Abbey Road Housing Co-op development was built for Hampstead Borough Council in 1965.
Abbey Road Abbey Road, after which the Beatles album was named, runs from St John’s Wood to West Hampstead.
Abercorn Close Abercorn Close is a road in the NW8 postcode area
Abercorn Place Abercorn Place is on the Harrow School Estate and is named after James Hamilton, 1st Duke of Abercorn, a governor of the school.
Abercorn Walk Abercorn Walk is a road in the NW8 postcode area
Aberdeen Place Aberdeen Place was built on the site of a farm once owned by John Lyon, who founded Harrow School in 1571.
Acacia Place Acacia Place is a short cul-de-sac off Acacia Road.
Acacia Road Acacia Road dates from the 1830s.
Ainsworth Way Ainsworth Way lies at the heart of the Alexandra Road estate.
Alexandra Mews Alexandra Mews existed between the 1850s and the 1960s.
Alexandra Road Alexandra Road was built after the marriage of the Prince of Wales.
Allitsen Road Allitsen Road is a road in St John’s Wood, dating from the 1820s.
Alma Square Alma Square commemorates the River Alma on whose banks the first Anglo-French victory of the Crimean War was won.
Alpha Road Alpha Road, named after the Greek letter, was the first street to be developed on the Eyre estate.
Aquila Street Aquila Street is a road in the NW8 postcode area
Ashbridge Street Ashbridge Street is named after Arthur Ashbridge, District Surveyor for Marylebone between 1884–1918.
Ashmill Street Ashmill Street was formerly owned by the Portman estate and named for Ash Mill in Devon where the family owned land.
Aubrey Place Aubrey Place is a road in the NW8 postcode area
Aubury Place Aubury Place is a location in London.
Avenue Close Avenue Close is a road in the NW8 postcode area
Avenue Road Avenue Road was an important road on the Eyre estate.
Barbara Brosnan Court Barbara Brosnan Court is a road in the NW8 postcode area
Barrow Hill Estate The Barrow Hill Estate in St John’s Wood was started in abut 1937.
Barrow Hill Road Barrow Hill Road marks the location of Barrow Hill.
Belgrave Gardens Belgrave Gardens was originally the east side of Bolton Road.
Belgravenue Gardens Belgravenue Gardens is a location in London.
Bentinck Close Bentinck Close is possibly named after Lord George Bentinck (1802-1848), Conservative politician and racehorse owner.
Bernhardt Crescent Bernhardt Crescent is a road in the NW8 postcode area
Besant House Besant House is named after local Sir Walter Besant who wrote extensively about London history.
Blenheim Road Blenheim Road is a road in the NW8 postcode area
Blenheim Terrace Blenheim Terrace is a road in the NW8 postcode area
Boldero Place Boldero Place is a location in London.
Bolton Road What is now Bolton Road began life as Ordnance Terrace in 1858.
Boscobel Street Boscobel Street is named after a nearby pub called the Royal Oak.
Boundary Road Boundary Road marks the former boundary between the between the Parish of St Marylebone and the Parish of St John Hampstead.
Boydell Court Boydell Court is a road in the NW8 postcode area
Bridgeman Street Bridgeman Street is a road in the NW8 postcode area
Broadley Street Broadley Street is a road in the NW8 postcode area
Broxwood Way Broxwood Way is a road in the NW8 postcode area
Capland Street Capland Street is a road in the NW8 postcode area
Carlton Hill Carlton Hill is a road in the NW8 postcode area
Casey Close Casey Close is a location in London.
Cavendish Avenue Cavendish Avenue was built on land owned by Cavendish family.
Cavendish Close Cavendish Close leads off Cavendish Avenue.
Cecil Grove Cecil Grove is a location in London.
Charlbert Street Charlbert Street was formerly Charles Street.
Charles Lane Charles Lane is probably named after Charles Watkins, a property developer who was working locally in the 1820s.
Church Street Estate The Church Street Estate is in the Lisson Grove area.
Church Street Church Street is a road in the NW8 postcode area
Cicely Davies House Cicely Davies House is one of five blocks of flats built for the St Marylebone Housing Association.
Circus Road Circus Road reflects the circular shape of the original Eyre Estate building plan.
Clifton Court Clifton Court is a road in the NW8 postcode area
Clifton Hill Clifton Hill began as sections either side of Abbey Road - Clifton Road and Clifton Road East.
Cochrane Mews Cochrane Mews runs off Circus Road and Cochrane Street.
Cochrane Street Cochrane Street is a road in the NW8 postcode area
Coleridge Gardens Street/road in London NW6
Court Close Court Close is a location in London.
Culworth Street Culworth Street is a road in the NW8 postcode area
Cunningham Place Cunningham Place is a road in the NW8 postcode area
Denning Close Denning Close is a road in the NW8 postcode area
Dorman Way Dorman Way is a road in the NW8 postcode area
Eamont Street Eamont Street is a road in the NW8 postcode area
Eliot Mews Eliot Mews is a paved cul-de-sac off Abbey Gardens.
Elm Tree Road Elm Tree Road is a road in the NW8 postcode area
Eyre Road Eyre Road is a location in London.
Fairlop Place Fairlop Place seems to continue the oak theme of the naming of Oak Tree Road - Fairlop Oak is a celebrated tree in Essex.
Finchley Road Finchley Road was built in 1829 (as ’Finchley New Road’) to provide a new route to horse-drawn traffic from London to the north.
Fisherton Street Fisherton Street is a road in the NW8 postcode area
Frampton Street Frampton Street is a road in the NW8 postcode area
Garden Road Garden Road is a road in the NW8 postcode area
Gateforth Street Gateforth Street is a location in London.
George Eyre House George Eyre House was designed by architect Louis de Soissons.
Greenberry Street Greenberry Street has a name which is possibly a corruption of Green Barrow Hill.
Grendon Street Grendon Street is a road in the NW8 postcode area
Grove End Road Grove End Road has a name reflecting the end of Lisson Grove.
Grove Hall Court Grove Hall Court is on Hall Road.
Hall Road Hall Road is named after the builder William Hall who died in either 1832 or 1833.
Hamilton Close Hamilton Close is a road in the NW8 postcode area
Hamilton Gardens Hamilton Gardens is a road in the NW8 postcode area
Hamilton Terrace Hamilton Terrace is named after Charles Hamilton who was a Harrow School governor.
Hanover Gate Hanover Gate is a road in the NW8 postcode area
Hanover House Hanover House is located on St Johns Wood High Street.
Hanover Mews Hanover Mews is a road in the NW8 postcode area
Hatton Street This is a street in the NW8 postcode area
Havenpool Havenpool is a location in London.
Henderson Drive Henderson Drive is a road in the NW8 postcode area
Henstridge Place Henstridge Place (rather obscurely) refers to a ridge where stallions are kept.
Hill Road Hill Road runs west from Abbey Road.
Hillside Close Hillside Close is a cul-de-sac off of Carlton Hill.
Holtham Road Holtham Road disappeared when replaced by the Abbey Road Estate development.
Jerome Crescent Jerome Crescent is a road in the NW8 postcode area
Kilburn Priory Kilburn Priory is a road in the NW8 postcode area
Kingsmill Terrace Kingsmill Terrace is named after a member of the Eyre family.
Langford Court Langford Court is a residential block on Abbey Road.
Langford Place Langford Place is called after the owner of Lileston manor (Lisson Grove) in the 14th century.
Langtry Road Langtry Road is a road in the NW8 postcode area
Langtry Walk Langtry Walk was named for Lily Langtry.
Lisson Grove Lisson Grove is a corruption of the local manor of Lileston. Originally the road was lined with trees.
Lodge Road Lodge Road is a road in the NW8 postcode area
Loudoun Road Loudoun Road, dating from the 1850s, was originally known as Bridge Road.
Luton Street Luton Street is a road in the NW8 postcode area
Lyons Place Lyons Place is named for John Lyon (c.1511-92) who founded Harrow School.
Mackennal Street Mackennal Street received its name since Bertram Mackennal, a sculptor, lived nearby.
Mallory Street Mallory Street is a road in the NW8 postcode area
Marlborough Hill Marlborough Hill dates from the 1830s in the first of the St John’s Wood developments.
Marlborough Place Marlborough Place was previously split into two sections named Marlborough Place and Marlborough Road.
Melina Place Melina Place runs west from Grove End Road.
Middlefield Middle Field is part of a development just to the east of the Finchley Road.
Miles Buildings Miles Buildings is a street in Camden Town.
Neville Court Neville Court is a location in London.
Newcourt Street Newcourt Street is a road in the NW8 postcode area
Norfolk Road Norfolk Road is a road in the NW8 postcode area
North Bank North Bank is a road in the NW8 postcode area
Northwick Close Northwick Close is a road in the NW8 postcode area
Northwick Terrace Northwick Terrace was named after Lord John Northwick, Harrow School governor.
Nugent Terrace Nugent Terrace is named after George Nugent-Greville, Baron Nugent (1789-1850).
Oak Tree Road Oak Tree Road connects St John’s Wood Road and Lodge Road.
Ordnance Hill Ordnance Hill is so-named because the Board of Ordnance was the original lessee of St John’s Wood Barracks.
Ormonde Terrace Ormonde Terrace is a road in the NW8 postcode area
Oslo Court Oslo Court was built between 1936 and 1938 by architect Robert Atkinson.
Outer Circle Outer Circle is a road in the NW8 postcode area
O’ Neill House O’Neill House is a block along Cochrane Street.
Park Road Park Road is a road in the NW8 postcode area
Paveley Street Paveley Street is a road in the NW8 postcode area
Penfold Street Penfold Street is a street in Camden Town.
Penfold Street Penfold Street is a road in the NW8 postcode area
Plympton Place Plympton Place is a road in the NW8 postcode area
PO Box 4 George Eliot School is a location in London.
Prince Albert Road Originally called Albert Road, it was renamed after the Prince Consort of Queen Victoria in 1938.
Prince Albert Road Prince Albert Road is a road in the NW8 postcode area
Queen’s Terrace Queen’s Terrace is a road in the NW8 postcode area
Queens Terrace Queens Terrace is a location in London.
Queensmead Queensmead is a road in the NW8 postcode area
Queen’s Grove Queen’s Grove was named just after the marriage of Victoria and Albert in 1841.
Radlett Place Radlett Place was formerly called Regent Villa Mews.
Regents Mews Regents Mews is a road in the NW8 postcode area
Rossetti Mews Rossetti Mews is a road in the NW8 postcode area
Rowley Way Rowley Way was named after Llewellyn Rowley, Camden’s Director of Housing.
Rudgwick Terrace Rudgwick Terrace is a road in the NW8 postcode area
Ryder’s Terrace Ryder’s Terrace is a road in the NW8 postcode area
Salisbury Street Salisbury Street is a road in the NW8 postcode area
Sandbourne Sandbourne is a location in London.
Scott Ellis Gardens Scott Ellis Gardens was built by Thomas Scott-Ellis, 8th Baron Howard de Walden (1880-1946) who was a landowner, writer, Olympic athlete and patron of the arts.
Shannon Place Shannon Place is a location in London.
Springfield Road Springfield Road dates from the late 1850s.
St Edmund’s Terrace St Edmund’s Terrace is a road in the NW8 postcode area
St James’s Close St James’s Close is a road in the NW8 postcode area
St John’s Wood Park St John’s Wood Park is a road in the NW8 postcode area
St John’s Wood Terrace St John’s Wood Terrace is a road in the NW8 postcode area
St John’s Wood High Street St John’s Wood High Street is a shopping street of St John’s Wood.
St John’s Wood Road St John’s Wood Road is a main road connecting Lord’s with Maida Vale.
St Stephen’s Close St Stephen’s Close is a road in the NW8 postcode area
St. Edmunds Terrace St. Edmunds Terrace is a location in London.
St. James’s Terrace St. James’s Terrace is a location in London.
St. Johns Wood Park St. Johns Wood Park is a location in London.
Swain Street Swain Street is a road in the NW8 postcode area
Tatham Place Tatham Place is a road in the NW8 postcode area
The Lane The Lane is a road in the NW8 postcode area
The Marlowes The Marlowes is a road in the NW8 postcode area
Titchfield Road Titchfield Road is a road in the NW8 postcode area
Townshend Estate Townshend Estate is a road in the NW8 postcode area
Townshend Road Townshend Road was named after the commander who received the French surrender of Quebec in 1759.
Tresham Crescent Tresham Crescent is a road in the NW8 postcode area
Violet Hill This is a street in the NW8 postcode area
Waverley Place Waverley Place is a road in the NW8 postcode area
Wellington Place Wellington Place, like Wellington Road, is named for the Duke of Wellington who defeated Napoleon at the battle of Waterloo in 1815.
Wellington Road Wellington Road is a road in the NW8 postcode area
Wells Rise This is a street in the NW8 postcode area
Whitehaven Street Whitehaven Street is a road in the NW8 postcode area
Woronzow Road Woronzow Road was named after Count Woronzow, Russian ambassador from 1785-1806


CONTRIBUTIONS TO THE LOCALITY



James Preston   
Added: 28 Apr 2021 09:06 GMT   

School
Was this the location of Rosslyn House prep school? I have a photograph of the Rosslyn House cricket team dated 1910 which features my grandfather (Alan Westbury Preston). He would have been 12 years old at the time. All the boys on the photo have been named. If this is the location of the school then it appears that the date of demolition is incorrect.

Reply

Justin Russ   
Added: 15 Feb 2021 20:25 GMT   

Binney Street, W1K
Binney St was previously named Thomas Street before the 1950’s. Before the 1840’s (approx.) it was named Bird St both above and below Oxford St.

Reply
LATEST LONDON-WIDE CONTRIBUTIONS TO THE PROJECT

Lived here
John Neill   
Added: 25 Nov 2021 11:30 GMT   

Sandringham Road, E10 (1937 - 1966)
I lived at No. 61 with my parents during these years. I went to Canterbury Road school (now Barclay Primary) and sang as a boy soprano (treble) in the church choir at St Andrew’s church, on the corner of Forest Glade.
Opposite us lived the Burgess family. Their son Russell also sang in my choir as a tenor. He later became a well-known musician and the choirmaster at Wandsworth Boys’ School.
Just at the end of WW2 a German rocket (V2) landed in the grounds of Whipps Cross Hospital, damaging many of the houses in Sandringham Road, including ours.

Reply
Comment
Tim Stevenson   
Added: 16 Nov 2021 18:03 GMT   

Pub still open
The Bohemia survived the 2020/21 lockdowns and is still a thriving local social resource.

Reply
Comment
STEPHEN JACKSON   
Added: 14 Nov 2021 17:25 GMT   

Fellows Court, E2
my family moved into the tower block 13th floor (maisonette), in 1967 after our street Lenthall rd e8 was demolished, we were one of the first families in the new block. A number of families from our street were rehoused in this and the adjoining flats. Inside toilet and central heating, all very modern at the time, plus eventually a tarmac football pitch in the grounds,(the cage), with a goal painted by the kids on the brick wall of the railway.

Reply

STEPHEN ARTHUR JACKSON   
Added: 14 Nov 2021 17:12 GMT   

Lynedoch Street, E2
my father Arthur Jackson was born in lynedoch street in 1929 and lived with mm grandparents and siblings, until they were relocated to Pamela house Haggerston rd when the street was to be demolished

Reply

Sir Walter Besant   
Added: 11 Nov 2021 18:47 GMT   

Sir Walter adds....
All the ground facing Wirtemberg Street at Chip and Cross Streets is being levelled for building and the old houses are disappearing fast. The small streets leading through into little Manor Street are very clean and tenanted by poor though respectable people, but little Manor Street is dirty, small, and narrow. Manor Street to Larkhall Rise is a wide fairly clean thoroughfare of mixed shops and houses which improves towards the north. The same may be said of Wirtemberg Street, which commences poorly, but from the Board School north is far better than at the Clapham end.

Source: London: South of the Thames - Chapter XX by Sir Walter Besant (1912)

Reply
Comment
   
Added: 6 Nov 2021 15:03 GMT   

Old Nichol Street, E2
Information about my grandfather’s tobacconist shop

Reply
Comment
tom   
Added: 3 Nov 2021 05:16 GMT   

I met
someone here 6 years ago

Reply
Comment
Fion Anderson   
Added: 2 Nov 2021 12:55 GMT   

Elstree not Borehamwood
Home of the UK film industry

Reply

NEARBY LOCATIONS OF NOTE
St John’s Wood St John’s Wood is an affluent district, north west of Regent’s Park.

NEARBY STREETS
Acacia Place, NW8 Acacia Place is a short cul-de-sac off Acacia Road.
Allitsen Road, NW8 Allitsen Road is a road in St John’s Wood, dating from the 1820s.
Aquila Street, NW8 Aquila Street is a road in the NW8 postcode area
Barbara Brosnan Court, NW8 Barbara Brosnan Court is a road in the NW8 postcode area
Barrow Hill Road, NW8 Barrow Hill Road marks the location of Barrow Hill.
Bentinck Close, NW8 Bentinck Close is possibly named after Lord George Bentinck (1802-1848), Conservative politician and racehorse owner.
Bridgeman Street, NW8 Bridgeman Street is a road in the NW8 postcode area
Cavendish Avenue, NW8 Cavendish Avenue was built on land owned by Cavendish family.
Cavendish Close, NW8 Cavendish Close leads off Cavendish Avenue.
Charlbert Street, NW8 Charlbert Street was formerly Charles Street.
Charles Lane, NW8 Charles Lane is probably named after Charles Watkins, a property developer who was working locally in the 1820s.
Cicely Davies House, NW8 Cicely Davies House is one of five blocks of flats built for the St Marylebone Housing Association.
Circus Road, NW8 Circus Road reflects the circular shape of the original Eyre Estate building plan.
Cochrane Mews, NW8 Cochrane Mews runs off Circus Road and Cochrane Street.
Cochrane Street, NW8 Cochrane Street is a road in the NW8 postcode area
Culworth Street, NW8 Culworth Street is a road in the NW8 postcode area
Eamont Street, NW8 Eamont Street is a road in the NW8 postcode area
Elm Tree Road, NW8 Elm Tree Road is a road in the NW8 postcode area
Fairlop Place, NW8 Fairlop Place seems to continue the oak theme of the naming of Oak Tree Road - Fairlop Oak is a celebrated tree in Essex.
George Eyre House, NW8 George Eyre House was designed by architect Louis de Soissons.
Greenberry Street, NW8 Greenberry Street has a name which is possibly a corruption of Green Barrow Hill.
Grove End Road, NW8 Grove End Road has a name reflecting the end of Lisson Grove.
Hanover Gate, NW8 Hanover Gate is a road in the NW8 postcode area
Hanover House, NW8 Hanover House is located on St Johns Wood High Street.
Hanover Mews, NW8 Hanover Mews is a road in the NW8 postcode area
Kingsmill Terrace, NW8 Kingsmill Terrace is named after a member of the Eyre family.
Lodge Road, NW8 Lodge Road is a road in the NW8 postcode area
Mackennal Street, NW8 Mackennal Street received its name since Bertram Mackennal, a sculptor, lived nearby.
Melina Place, NW8 Melina Place runs west from Grove End Road.
Newcourt Street, NW8 Newcourt Street is a road in the NW8 postcode area
North Bank, NW8 North Bank is a road in the NW8 postcode area
Oak Tree Road, NW8 Oak Tree Road connects St John’s Wood Road and Lodge Road.
Oslo Court, NW8 Oslo Court was built between 1936 and 1938 by architect Robert Atkinson.
Outer Circle, NW8 Outer Circle is a road in the NW8 postcode area
O’ Neill House, NW8 O’Neill House is a block along Cochrane Street.
Park Road, NW8 Park Road is a road in the NW8 postcode area
Prince Albert Road, NW8 Prince Albert Road is a road in the NW8 postcode area
Queen’s Terrace, NW8 Queen’s Terrace is a road in the NW8 postcode area
Queens Terrace, NW8 Queens Terrace is a location in London.
Scott Ellis Gardens, NW8 Scott Ellis Gardens was built by Thomas Scott-Ellis, 8th Baron Howard de Walden (1880-1946) who was a landowner, writer, Olympic athlete and patron of the arts.
Shannon Place, NW8 Shannon Place is a location in London.
St James’s Close, NW8 St James’s Close is a road in the NW8 postcode area
St John’s Wood Terrace, NW8 St John’s Wood Terrace is a road in the NW8 postcode area
St John’s Wood High Street, NW8 St John’s Wood High Street is a shopping street of St John’s Wood.
St. Edmunds Terrace, NW8 St. Edmunds Terrace is a location in London.
Tatham Place, NW8 Tatham Place is a road in the NW8 postcode area
Titchfield Road, NW8 Titchfield Road is a road in the NW8 postcode area
Townshend Estate, NW8 Townshend Estate is a road in the NW8 postcode area
Townshend Road, NW8 Townshend Road was named after the commander who received the French surrender of Quebec in 1759.
Waverley Place, NW8 Waverley Place is a road in the NW8 postcode area
Wellington Place, NW8 Wellington Place, like Wellington Road, is named for the Duke of Wellington who defeated Napoleon at the battle of Waterloo in 1815.
Wellington Road, NW8 Wellington Road is a road in the NW8 postcode area


St John’s Wood

St John’s Wood is an affluent district, north west of Regent’s Park.

St John’s Wood was once part of the Great Forest of Middlesex with the name deriving from its mediaeval owners, the Knights of the Order of St John of Jerusalem (Knights Hospitallers), an Augustinian order. The order took over the land from the Knights Templar in 1323.

After the Reformation and the Dissolution of monastic orders, St John’s Wood became Crown land, and Henry VIII established Royal Hunting Grounds in what became known as Marylebone Park.

Until the end of the eighteenth century, the area was agricultural.

St John’s Wood was developed from the early 19th century onwards. It was one of the first London suburbs to be developed with a large amount of low density ’villa’ housing, as opposed to the terraced housing which was the norm in London up to the 19th century. Parts of St John’s Wood have been rebuilt at a higher density but it remains one of the most expensive areas of London.

St John’s Wood is the location of Lord’s Cricket Ground and for Abbey Road Studios where The Beatles recorded.

The Rolling Stones referenced St John’s Wood in their song Play With Fire. Keith Richards of the Rolling Stones lived on Carlton Hill, at the northern edge of St John’s Wood, in the 1960s.

St John’s Wood station was opened on 20 November 1939 on a new section of deep-level tunnel constructed between Baker Street and Finchley Road when the Metropolitan Line’s services on its Stanmore branch were transferred to the Bakerloo Line. It was transferred along with the rest of the Stanmore branch to the Jubilee Line when it opened in 1979. With the opening of St John’s Wood station, two nearby stations on the Metropolitan Line were closed. These were Lord’s (which had originally been opened in 1868 as St John’s Wood Road) and Marlborough Road.

The station building is located on the corner of Acacia Road and Finchley Road. The station is the nearest one to Lord’s Cricket Ground and Abbey Road Studios. For this reason Beatles memorabilia are sold at the station.

The platform design remains the same as when opened in 1939, and was designed by Harold Stabler.


LOCAL PHOTOS
Lisson Green
TUM image id: 1593182694
Licence: CC BY 2.0

In the neighbourhood...

Click an image below for a better view...
The oldest parts of the Barrow Hill Estate in St Johns Wood date from 1937
Credit: GoArt/The Underground Map
Licence:
To View or share the image, go to its dedicated web page

Abbey lodge as it appeared on the 1872 Ordnance Survey map. It faces Park Road with Hanover Gate to its north and Hanover Terrace behind.
Credit: Crown Copyright (expired)
Licence: CC BY 2.0
To View or share the image, go to its dedicated web page

Allitsen Road, NW8 was named after Frances Allitsen, a songwriter. During the Boer War, she composed the then-popular Theres A Land.
Credit: GoArt/The Underground Map
Licence:
To View or share the image, go to its dedicated web page

Oslo Court in St Johns Wood was built of reinforced concrete. Its basement was used through the war as a shelter for local residents as well as the flat owners. Olga Lehman (1912 2001) was an artist known for her murals and portraits and was permitted by the War Office to make sketches of London bomb damage, air raid shelters and ARP personnel.
Credit: Olga Lehman
Licence:
To View or share the image, go to its dedicated web page

St Johns Wood station is the only Underground station to have no letters in common with the word mackerel
Credit: The Underground Map
Licence:
To View or share the image, go to its dedicated web page

St Johns Wood was once on the Bakerloo Line
Credit: The Underground Map
Licence:
To View or share the image, go to its dedicated web page

Print-friendly version of this page

  Contact us · Copyright policy · Privacy policy